Monday, August 01, 2005

Crazy Beautiful Movies, Book and People

Last Friday, Saturday and Sunday were blessed days given to me.

Friday was a good day for me. It feels good that my friend Marco is interested in my business brain. I spent the last 2 days organizing my thoughts on what I want to happen on my baby project. As I assured my friend that I will think about his proposal, I cannot help but be excited. This can be the start of a new career or sideline whatever it is for me. I am crossing my fingers that hopefully everything will fall into place.

To my friend Marco, it was nice having dinner with you last Friday.


WEDDING CRASHERS – hilariously funny (redundantly outrageous). What added to the craziness were the girls who sat on our side and those at our back in the cinema. I can also hear Joey rolling in laughter. It was actually good and those who didn’t get it better watch it again. The humor is really non-juvenile if I may add. A movie that you can watch if you want to relax and just hurt your jaw laughing. And on a timely manner, a classmate of mine who happens to be a friend of some sort got married last Saturday, I was supposedly gonna crash the event when another friend of mine (Joel) who’s the best man invited me to attend. My mind was really laughing cos I remember the tag line from the movie – HIDE YOUR BRIDESMAIDS – in my case, hide the best man? LOL.







IF ONLY – I wanted to watch this movie but time & friends don’t permit it. Our good and charming cleaning lady (Rona) was really generous in having us borrowed her DVD. I have read good reviews of the film but I am really cynical when it comes to Jennifer Love Hewitt. I watched it last Saturday and to my surprise, it was hell good. A different kind of love story if you know what I mean. Acting is okay and the plot is extraordinary. I don’t usually rave about mushy movies but this is unbelievable, not what I expected it to be.



My Saturday morning went well with the movie If Only and my afternoon till evening was not that bad either. I met up with my friend Joel Angelo (I haven’t seen him for years as in – we tried setting up meetings or lakads but it always gets cancelled in the end). Anyway malling with Joel is pretty cool, I was laughing the whole time. Makati malls were congested but it was fun. What added to the fun was the movie The Island. Ok first, sorry to my good friend Joel (din, hehehe the architect) there has been a miscommunication with the Wedding Crashers, sorry naiwan kita then this The Island naman, sorry po. I know it was you who said that this movie is good but I didn’t realize na you want to watch it with me, sorry po I ruined your Sunday for this too. Cencia na. Going back to The Island, Joel Angelo & I were surprised cos we didn’t expect that the movie will be that good. Kakaiba sa mga futuristic movie that we see most of the time. But as always, this movie is still far from being perfect. These are the things that Joey & I exchanged notes with Saturday night while Gabs was busy choosing her dinner:



The crisis about it being a futuristic movie – flaws would include the city’s appearance. Only the trains were high-tech. Plus the motorcycle ;-)
Disturbing Ending – would they actually allow the clones to live? That will be a crazy stampede of the clones who think the world out there is contaminated. I don’t think killing them would justify the freedom they had in the end.
Djimon Hounsou is brilliant.
Police cars – Bentleys?
Hot caddy car of Ewan but his voice, arghh dreadful to the ear
Sean Bean bid farewell to his Boromir soul
And so on…

Because of my friend Julius’ recommendation I bought Neil Gaiman’s CORALINE book. I am halfway through the book and it is something. Not your ordinary magical book, it will really give you chills and goose bumps – no exaggeration. Perfect to read when you can’t sleep (so that you’ll have more difficulty in doing so, hehehe).

MY CRAZY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER
My Mom arrived early Sunday morning, she lost a lot of weight cos she has thyroid problems. But still my Mother is beautiful, graceful and every inch a woman. She looks tired and all yesterday afternoon but when I mentioned that malls everywhere were having end of season sales, boy my Ma was quick on getting up. She just said “Really? Let’s go.” Women and sales, they go together hehehe. It was fun spending the afternoon with my Mother. She asked me about the thing that I dread explaining to her because I do not want to tell her that I failed but to my delight, she smiled when she found out the truth. Some crazy woman I had for a mother, but I appreciate it that she was honest with me. She told me what she thinks about this & that, why she likes this & who and why she doesn’t like him and that. All I can say is that Mother’s knows best. I just pray that my Mom will be alright, health wise and on everything.

Got this article from my good friend Kim, I am posting it here for the rest of you to read.

Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70th birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older. And, there on television, she said it was exciting.

Regarding body changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which will reach her waist first. The audience laughed so hard they cried. She is such a simple and honest woman, with so much wisdom in her words.
Maya Angelou said this...
I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as "making a life."
I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

No comments: