Monday, August 08, 2005

LANDSLIDE

INITIAL OBSERVATION
You notice something, and wonder why it happens. You see something and wonder what causes it. You want to know how or why something works. You ask questions about what you have observed. The first step is to write down what you have noticed. Here’s what I noticed about songs, meaning can be deep and for every person there is a different meaning for one same song.
INFORMATION GATHERING
Find out about what you want to investigate. Read books, magazines or ask professionals who might know in order to learn about the effect or area of study. Keep track of where you got your information. Surveys… tanungin ang mga nagmamagaling.
TITLE OF THE PROJECT
Dissecting A Song: My Pathetic Science Experiment
PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
What do you want to find out? Write a statement that describes what you want to do. Use your observations and questions to write the statement. Wala lang, got nothing to do, I need to wake up cos my mind is deep in slumber.
HYPOTHESIS
Landslide is a positive song dealing with loss, grief, hatred and misery.
EXPERIMENTAL PROCEDURE
I took my love, I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’til the landslide brought it down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing cause I’veBuilt my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I’m getting older, too

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing cause I’veBuilt my life around you
Time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I’m getting older, too
I get older, too

I took my love and took it down
I climbed a mountain, I turned around
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
The landslide brought it down
The landslide brought it down
Guidelines for Experimental Procedures
1. Read the lyrics, mga 100 times if you don’t get it for the nth time.
2. It would be best if Billy’s singing on the background.
3. Close your eyes relax & free your mind.
4. Try not to sleep, I know his voice can be soothing most of the time.
5. Each type of experiment needs a "control" for comparison so that you can see what the change actually did, in this case after the 100th time try listening to anything except Landslide (I bet LSS mo na yun).
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
The Song
Analytical Mind
Receptive Mind
Pathetic Mind (this will come in handy for the conclusion believe me)
Imaginary Scalpel
OBSERVATIONS
1. Undecided State of Mind
First stanza: Down then climbed up then turn around, can’t decide. Must be afraid must be lost must be hiding something, hmmm.
2. Dependence vs. Freedom
Afraid of changing cos life’s already been built around one person BUT as time goes by people get tired.
3. Life in Shambles
Who has a perfect life? Nobody has, everyday there is one person we know whose life is falling apart. We may know it (can be the cause of it) or may not know it (but still be the cause of it). In a cynical world like ours it is up to us on how we will view life. This is how values are molded.
4. People Get Tired
Yes, in fact there are times when some people can’t get up from being tired.
CONCLUSION – under construction
ANSWERS TO RELATED QUESTIONS – let me know what you think

No comments: