Key on how to handle stress:
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on.
I have received the following from my email, although its was forwarded message, I cannot help but ponder on some of the things it mentioned:
1. Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. [anne: I wish I could do this]
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. [anne: lol]
4. Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
5. Eat a live toad in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day. [anne: ano daw? live toad???]
6. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. [anne: hear hear]
7. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it. [anne: correct!]
8. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. [anne: i think i am cos i'm a walking disaster]
9. Never buy a car you can't push. [anne: first be sure you have the money to buy a car, worry abt pushing it later]
10. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
11. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
12. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late. [anne: yep tama yan, sleep late and spend your days like you'll never have another day]
13. The second mouse gets the cheese.
14. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. [anne: huh? i thought one should count her blessings?]
15. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live. [anne: like we have a choice?]
16. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
17. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once. [anne: cos u never learn!!!!]
18. Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
19. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to live in the same box.
20. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
21. Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open. [anne: yeah yeah, i think this was from me, line ko to ah]