Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lessons Learned on Love

“I don’t want to be number 3 or number 4 in someone else’s priority”
“If you’re not ready to sound stupid you’re not ready to be in love”
-Emily, A Lot Like Love


Song of the Moment: Colour Blind - Counting Crows

First of all hi to Mark, ang aking Fafa Bear.

Hooray! I was able to make a perfect caesar salad with a little help from salad in a bag, yep I know you’ll say salad lang all you have to do is put dressing toss mix & voila! But what I did was really different, hehehe it’s really good that it is like TGIF’s recipe.

As I busied myself watching DVDs morning till afternoon, my evening was great. I had dinner at Pasto Eastwood with some friends whom I have missed terribly over the last few months. The seafood pasta there is good & so as the thin crust pizza (I am no pizza fan that’s why believe me when I say a pizza from somewhere is good). It was raining hard inside & outside the Citywalk mall. It was awful! Imagine rain pouring inside a mall, I think their pipes were congested or something. Lightning & thunder was horrible too but you can’t stop the Eastwood crowd who were there to party, the rain can’t stop them from doing so. My friends & I watched “A Lot Like Love” & I very much recommend that you guys watch it. It’s about fate, true love, friendship & standing tests of time as one, a certified feel good movie. If you were really meant to be (READ THIS LUCHIE) with this person, you’d get it through… through time, through problems & through other people. I am a big “Dream for an Insomniac” supporter however I do not agree with a line said in that movie that “There is no chance at all, we are all trapped by a singular fate, no one ever finds the one”. I completely disagree, in one’s life, true love always come. For some people it happens once, for those who are lucky not just once. But this doesn’t guarantee a happy ending for everybody, sad but true. By the mere fact that we have all experienced this feeling even for a short while made us all fortunate for the greatest feeling in this world is love. I am not preaching nor patronizing love because I myself have experienced screw ups because of this. I also have a guy who got away but that doesn’t stop me from hoping that the real one is on his way. I don’t want him rushing towards me, he can bid his time but most importantly his path should lead to mine. This is fate. I remember my best friend Luchie telling me some years ago that I should give fate a little nudge. It took me 3 years to finally have the guts and follow that advise & I can say that it was effective, fool proof & a success. I may receive raised brows as a reaction here, people (especially those close to me) may say how come you’re single & unattached if you are saying that it was a success. Why? It was not a failed relationship, it was good, it just that it didn’t end the way a romantic movie would probably do. As the song goes "some good things never last" (way to go Barbara)... I would like to add that I am fortunate beacuse it happened. Some good thing never last others don't even start kaya maswerte pa rin ako hehehe.

Anyway, I can’t wait to share the lines from my favorite movie “Dream for an Insomniac”. This is where some of my principles in life & love came from:

“Fun is fleeting, it is pain that endures and give life it’s meaning” (kinda pessimistic but true, it is pain that we remember more that happy moments)

“I don’t want to be 60 years old & seemingly happily married to some man I know is my second choice & wondering whatever happened to the beautiful angel who came in & out of my life & who never gave me a chance”

“Do you love her? Does the thought of her, the smell of her, the touch of her make you quiver? When she’s away from you, do you think about her & wish she were in your arms making love to you? When you see her after not seeing her for a whole day does she make everything okay?”

“Just remember one thing, anything less that mad, passionate, extraordinary love is a waste of time. There are so many mediocre things in life to deal with & love shouldn’t be one of them”

The lines above were all delivered by Frankie, the insomniac in the movie (& the one I can relate to). The words she has said were in a way idealistic & standard forming but then it was a movie, it may & may not happen in real life.

Signs about true love may seem exaggerated but they’re all true. Quivers, butterflies in the stomach, goose bumps, trembling – you can say that these were all shit but I can attest to that.

Bye for now... I'm off for now. Capisci!

No comments: