Monday, March 27, 2006

The Bell Jar


by Sylvia Plath

Perfect with Prozac Nation (the movie)
I am so affected and moved by this book. And now I am wondering, am I neurotic?

I am Iam Iam (heart thumps), sigh... I think I need electric shocks to wake me up. What can you say Luch?


A few more pages & I'm done, this is a good book. Here's the synopsis:

"Esther, an A-student from Boston who has won a guest editorship on a national magazine, finds a bewildering new world at her feet. Her New York life is crowded with possibilities, so that the choice of future is overwhelming, but she can no longer retreat into the safety of her past. Deciding she wants to be a writer above all else, Esther is also struggling with the perennial problems of morality, behaviour and identity. In this compelling autobiographical novel, a milestone in contemporary literature, Sylvia Plath chronicles her teenage years - her disappointments, anger, depression and eventual breakdown and treatment - with stunning wit and devastating honesty."

Sylvia Plath commited suicide after this book was published.

No comments: