Monday, July 23, 2007

Phrase (Praise) for...

Astig! I know this has been shown months ago or maybe last year (I’m not so sure anymore, my fault… how could I let a Leo movie pass me by?) but I had the chance to watch it on DVD recently. Thanks to Yong for lending me his uber linaw & hanep na DVD. This one really moved me to the edge of my seat (or bed hehehe). I’m adding it on the list of my favorite movies.

Unfortunately this one didn’t live up to my expectations, or might be because I am still mooning over Transformers. The IMAX experience didn’t help. There are a lot of scenes in the movie that would look great in 3D but what they did was concentrate the animation – all 20+ minutes of it in the end. The twin’s marvelous exit from Hogwarts (fireworks & everything) would have been a great part to show in 3D plus all scenes where brooms are concerned. As a Potter fan my favorite still by far is The Prisoner of Azkaban. I do hope that Yates would not disappoint us on the 6th & final installment of the movie (yes he’ll direct the movie version of Book 6 & 7 – goodluck).

More than really meets the eye. Do I need to say more?

I love him so much that I will forgive him for being really skinny hehehe. I’m pertaining to Adam, hehehe not the other skinny guy hehehe. Anyway Carter Webb is the 26 years old Seth Cohen. Love his humor, love his charisma, love everything about him. The movie is not something you’ll recommend to friends (as I told Jen, you didn’t miss anything if you didn’t get the chance to watch it) especially when they’re depressed. But if you’re a real Brody or Meg Ryan fan or if you have the hots for Kristen (the Panic Room daughter of Jodie Foster that all of us – yes everyone I know - mistook as a son) you won’t mind watching this one.

No comments: