Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

The last 3 days feels more like a HM compared to the holiday we spent in SG and Langkawi. Maybe because of the scenery and the relax atmosphere in our hometown. I am so glad I went home to my hubby this Chinese New Year.

I miss going home here. When I was in college I would go home the minute the last exam for the term is done. I would queue in bus stations and take “chance passenger” status just to be home. And during enrolment I would be stuck with new classmates because I was a late enrolee, no more spot is available from my old block. I would stretch my vacation every opportunity I have. It was during those long breaks that Warren and I would talk, chat for countless hours (as friends) because he’s on vacation too. He’ll drop by our house every afternoon after his work from his Dad’s warehouse – the very same warehouse I am in today while writing this blog entry.

I miss my parents of course, on the first morning I was here I was almost in tears (okay I admit I cried not “almost”), things are different in this side of town compared to the usual mornings I am accustomed to. But W did his best to make me feel at home. The whole household as a matter of fact, MIL & FIL are so nice. I like it here. If not for my parents & career in Manila I would settle here in a heartbeat. Hubby would need not persuade me to stay put.

The point of this entry? None. Just want to share the holiday cheers, Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone. Home is where the heart is, and wherever you are you know where your real home is. I am just glad I’m happy where I am right this very moment.

No comments: