Friday, March 09, 2012

Rainy Days and Fridays

I woke up feeling fine, kissed the hubby bye bye, drove to the office with breeze & positivity. Arrived in the office, thought of brewing a pot of coffee which I don’t do often. It’ll be instant coffee if I’m in a hurry but since I’m feeling good I decided to brew a pot but then I realized my boss (another coffee drinker) is not coming in. I don’t want to drown in brewed coffee the whole day.

I’m still feeling good. Answered all the emails I received from last night. After 30 minutes and since it’s still early I logged on to the social networking sites. Everyone is happy as well, it’s Friday who would not be – almost the weekend – hooray!

And then it struck me how I hate Fridays lately. I miss going out. It’s not about being married that hinders me from going out, or is it?

To make myself clear (I don’t want to sound whiny so I want to explain this) I can go out as much as I want and my husband wouldn’t stop me if it’s what makes me happy. He would happily obliged to accompany me as I hang out with friends if I want to. Or if he’s not in town, I just informed him that I’m going out and it’s okay. You see I’m blessed with an open minded husband, even when we were still boyfriends-girlfriends he didn’t attempt to stop me from seeing my friends or stay out late once in a while, because he knows what I’m up to, who I’m with and everything else that comes with it.

So what’s my problem? It’s the fact that the friends I usually hang out with are nowhere to be found. Out of the country, busy doing single ladies things, or maybe just don’t want to spend time with me. I understand 1 & 2 but the third I cannot. I am not saying that I am the most fun to be with friend, in fact I’m not. I’m boring and I only do old lady things like read, watch movies or talk over a cup of coffee. I know I am not the person you go to when you want to have fun but I know I can be the person you want to talk to when there’s something bothering you or you have nothing important to do (okay the last one hurts a little, it’s like I’m the last choice friend but I can live with that).

With all these yakety yak and without any point trying to prove, I just want not to hate Fridays, that’s all. I just want it to be normal. It may not be my favorite day because all I want for it to do is to end. I know it all depends on me but it still makes me sad.

Yes Rainy Days & Fridays makes me sad. The End.

No comments: