Ways on How To Deal with the Burdens of Life
Key on how to handle stress:
If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on.
I posted the enumerated items below on this very blog 6 (27 July 2005) years ago. Before I have posted side comments on how I feel on each item and I can’t help but smile because I sounded so immature, you can click here to reminisce. This time I am posting it again without any side & snide comments. The other part of me is very happy, I am blessed and loved but the half part of me is sad for things I cannot comprehend. Don’t take it the wrong way, this has nothing to do with my upcoming wedding, it’ll be the highlight of my adult life, to be one with my “the one”. What I’m feeling is something that adults can’t and will not be able to understand and resolve, it is the pains of growing up. Read on, think, ponder but don’t dwell on it too much. Unload your burdens, let’s stay honest and keep the love alive. Happy Thursday folks!
1. Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
4. Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
5. Eat a live toad in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
6. If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague. [anne: hear hear]
7. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
8. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
9. Never buy a car you can't push.
10. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
11. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
12. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
13. The second mouse gets the cheese.
14. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
15. Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.
16. You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
17. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
18. Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
19. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors but they all have to live in the same box.
20. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
21. Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.