I am inside the ICU waiting room, I’ve been here for two days already, tonight would be the 3rd night I’ll be camping here. The first two nights was with my baby but tonight it will just be Will & me minus W. I am anxiously waiting for the neurologist to arrive, we’ve been eagerly waiting for the lumbar tap results. Although Meng is already stable, chattering like her old self, eating and sitting down already we still don’t know the real reason for her seizures and what should be done in order to cure it. We want answers and we’ve been waiting for days now. I know I need to be patient because I can see that my niece is being given the best care possible. But since we’re the party waiting we can’t help but get fidgety. Fingers crossed all the time, I pray that the diagnosis is not too serious.
In less than 15 days I’ll be entering a new age bracket, I’ll be a member of the 31 and above batch. I’ve been trying to take off my mind from the diagnosis that we’re waiting for that is why I decided to read posts & forums and blogs. I came across an article of what you should have known by the time you’re 30. Although I find the list incomplete I have reacted to each one of them so I’m posting them here and giving reasons to things “By 30, you should know”:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. – I may sound bias but I am proud to say that I am in that state at the moment. I love the in love feeling I am right now, cheesy as it may sound I am blessed that I am madly in love with my baby but I am not obsessed with being in love. I know I don’t make any sense but trust me I am very much enjoying the roses and the thorns.
2. How you feel about having kids. – yes I want one or two but not a lot. I am sure of this that my baby and I actually have to compromise and agree that we would welcome a honeymoon baby (hahaha, did I actually gave this information out?)
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. – already did with my first job, yes to this too twice and yes.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away. Yes, in all aspect there is in life
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next. – hahaha, yes J
6. The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town. – Lacierda? I know he’s the Press Sec (Clinton for US), Lola Mani? They have a lot sa malls :p
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to. – I guess I do know how to.
8. How to take control of your own birthday. – Yes, except when friends throw you a surprise one, you can’t stop them.
9. That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents. Check, but you can definitely improve it.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over. – Yes and you can’t help but smile when you remember how crazy it was and cry when you remember how far you’ve accomplished for yourself.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love. – Absolutely.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long. – Yes, everything has a prize and for every bad decisions you make you will have to pay for it in the end.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally. –Oh yes, 30 years is a long year when spend with different kind of people.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault. – But there are times when you can’t help but feel sorry.
15. Why they say life begins at 30. – hahaha, the best days of my life happened while I was 30 so yes yes yes J
Happy birthday to me soon. I look forward to seeing my bestfriend soon too. And my baby, he’ll be back 2 weeks from now.